Under the Direction of Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
Following the success of the first European Dharma Gar, Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche will guide the first North American Dharma Gar, or Dharma camp, starting Losar, February 14, 2010. This 3-year-retreat practice program is designed for practitioners who want to commit themselves to dharma practice and still have a work, family, and social life.
Rinpoche has created a curriculum of practices to be done during designated week or month time-periods and will give online teachings to participants, synchronized with that schedule. The only requirement is to practice an average of 2 hours every day. People are free to choose their retreat boundaries based on their own circumstances.
To participate in the Dharma Gar, please send an email to Pat Armstrong at email@example.com for an application. Participants will be selected by Rinpoche.
About the Dharma Gar
Details are still being worked out. Here's what has been determined:
- What: Dharma Gar North America.
- When: Starting Losar, February 14, 2010.
- Duration: The full program will cover the curriculum of a traditional 3-year-retreat over 10 years.
- Commitment: 2 hours of practice a day, as directed by Rinpoche.
- Where: Your home or wherever you like.
- Travel: Some travel will be required to receive abishekas; location to be determined.
- Fees: To be determined. A deposit will be required (to be refunded at end of the retreat commitment) and there will be a reasonable fee, to be paid annually or semiannually
Application deadline is now January 31, 2010.
"Dharma Gar has even more benefit than a traditional 3-year retreat, because you learn to mix practice with your daily life."
--Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche